Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- German Launches Special Training Initiative to Refugees in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
Press release 263/2009
Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Paavo Väyrynen has granted EUR 14 million for victims of conflicts and natural catastrophes from the appropriations earmarked for humanitarian assistance for the last months of the year. The aid will be channelled through UN agencies, the Red Cross Movement and Finnish NGOs.
Ten million euros will be allocated to Africa - the Horn of Africa area, East Africa and southern Africa in particular. In the Horn of Africa area, Ethiopia and Kenya suffer from drought and Somalia also from a prolonged conflict.
Of the world's 101 million children out of school, between 50 and 70 per cent are from minorities or indigenous peoples, Minority Rights Group International (MRG) says in a new report released today.
The State of the World's Minorities and Indigenous Peoples 2009 details how minority and indigenous children have been systematically excluded, discriminated against, or are too poor to afford an education.
In developing countries with the largest number of children out of school, such as …