Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- UNICEF Horn of Africa Drought Situation as of September 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Refugee Girls Gain from Effort to Teach Life Skills
Up to 90 per cent of the people in the camps for internally displaced visited by the recent inter-agency mission to Eritrea were women and children, Dennis McNamara, Coordinator of the Senior Inter-Agency Network on Internally Displaced Persons, told a Headquarters news conference this afternoon. He said that was a higher percentage than in the refugee camps and he attributed the situation to the fact that the men had not demobilized.
The Department of State announced November 1 that the United States will contribute $250,000 towards an assessment of how best to improve the efforts of the United Nations to meet the needs of internally displaced persons.
The World Food Programme wishes to thank donors for their continued generosity. This year donors have contributed over US $ 1.3 billion, and WFP has used these resources to mobilise over 3.1 million tons of food aid distributed to needy people.
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesman Kris Janowski (to whom quoted text may be attributed) at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
Baltimore, Oct 3, 2000 -- Lutheran World Relief's board, meeting in regular session here September 28-29, reviewed $9 million worth of new projects and helped shape future plans. Projects before the group included efforts to relieve the food crisis in the Horn of Africa, especially a major food-for-work and seeds program in Southern Sudan.
This report includes: A) West and Central Asia: Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Pakistan and Iran; B) Southern Caucasus; Georgia and Armenia; C) Horn of Africa: Kenya, Eritrea and Ethiopia; D) Great Lakes Region: Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and Burundi; E) Latin America: Colombia, Honduras and Nicaragua
The Goal of the Fund is to contribute to the process to rid the world of the threat of anti-personnel landmines. CIDA's role within the Fund, is to lead in areas of victim assistance and rehabilitation (physical, psychological, social, economic), mine awareness education, mine clearance and in the planning of national programs for mine action.
This report includes: A) Ethiopia B) Djibouti - drought C) Democratic Republic of Congo D) Angola E) Zambia - airlift for Angolan refugees F) Colombia - war displaced G) Ecuador.
5 August 1999
Information available as of 15 August 1999 was used in preparing this report.
Geneva, 27 July 1999