Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
The Survive & Thrive Global Development Alliance (GDA) is a public-private partnership established by the US Agency for International Development with pediatric, obstetric, and midwifery professional associations, the private sector and civil society to improve the quality of facility-based maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH) services in focus countries.
BUREAU OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Office of the Spokesman
Part I: Operational Requirements and Shortfalls
Overview of the 2008 Programme of Work
As the second semester of 2008 begins, the World Food Programme continues to focus its attention on the more than 81 million beneficiaries requiring food assistance. The total cost of 2008 activities is just over US$4.78 billion. Considering carry-over stocks and resources mobilized so far in 2008, and considering US$1 billion for prepositioning of food stocks for 2009, the total shortfall at this time of the year is US$2.71 billion.
1. Les documents préparés en vue de la trente-deuxième session du CSA, dont le dernier numéro de SOFI (2006), passent en revue et commentent les progrès réalisés dans la lutte contre la faim par rapport au Sommet mondial de l'alimentation (SMA) et aux Objectifs de développement du millénaire (ODM).
Afghanistan What's happening in Afghanistan?
CROP AND FOOD SUPPLY SITUATION
A Global Overview of Internal Displacement
NOAA Climate Information Project
CHILE ( Flood )
OCHA reported that the worst rains in eighty years have affected the central part of Chile. Nine people died, and more than 41,000 people have been evacuated. Most affected are the regions of Valparaiso, Libertador General Bernando O'Higgins and the Metropolitan area. Over 171,000 people have been affected. Some 6,000 people are housed in shelters and 21,000 houses have been damaged.
The U.S. National Intelligence Council (NIC) has released a report identifying 20 humanitarian emergencies worldwide, affecting approximately 42 million people. "Global Humanitarian Emergencies: Trends and Projections, 2001-2002" predicts that the international community will continue to respond and provide aid to these countries, but that resources will remain below needs.