Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 69 | 25 November - 9 December 2018
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
This overview document presents security incidents that affected aid delivery in 2017. The report is based on incidents identified by Insecurity Insight's monitoring of open sources and reported by Aid in Danger partner agencies using the Security in Numbers Database (SiND) in 2017. It presents analysis of 2,152 NGO-related security incidents for which details were shared or made public. The total number of reported incidents below reflects the willingness of agencies to share information. It is neither a complete count, nor representative.
The U.S. expanded its aerial campaign against Islamic State (IS) militants in late September with strikes in Syria’s north and east. The operation, which targets both IS and fighters linked to al-Qaeda’s central leadership and the affiliated group Jabhat al-Nusra, risks alienating other rebel groups in Syria and strengthening support for IS.
The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government (HKSARG) released $41.53 million from the Disaster Relief Fund in the year ending March 31, 2012 to support government authorities and various relief organisations in providing early relief to victims of major disasters which occurred outside Hong Kong.