Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet December 2018
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Tigray Region, Round 14: November – December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Somali Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UNHCR Ethiopia - Operational Update (December 2018)
By Ahmed Mohammed
The Red Cross Society of China (RCSC) visited the Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) and signed a one year cooperation agreement with ERCS last week.
A three year program was launched in 2013 to enhance cooperation between RCSC and ERCS that include grants and capacity building. Accordingly, a wide range of bilateral community development projects have delivered high quality services to the most vulnerable groups in Gamo Gofa zone of SNNPR.
This report covers the period 01.01.2012 to 31.12.2012
In 1997, 123 States signed the first-ever treaty banning the development, production, stockpiling, transfer and use of a weapon that was already in widespread use: anti-personnel landmines. Fifteen years later, their use and production has been curbed dramatically, while data on clearance, stockpile destruction and casualty rates show undeniable progress towards eliminating the problem. However, much still needs to be achieved, as Claude Tardif, Hhead of the ICRC’s physical rehabilitation programme, explains.
This report covers the period 01/01/2011 to 31/12/2011.
In brief Examples of the CBF impact (more in annex):
Red Cross society of China, Hennan Province
After only two years of implementation of Intensified Capacity Building (ICB) in Hennan Province, the branch has recorded impressive achievements:
• The new structure benefitted 7,000 people through sustainable services
• Grassroots Red Cross organisations have increased from 90 to 3,100
• The number of volunteers increased from 10,000 to 30,000, and staff from 100 to 8,000
This Programme Update is intended for reporting on Annual Appeals.
Period covered: January - March, 2001.
Appeal Target CHF 10,000,000
"At a Glance"
Related Appeals: N/A
Outstanding needs: CHF 6,656,518