Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet December 2018
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UNHCR Ethiopia - Operational Update (December 2018)
- Self-help group leads to vision, opportunity in rural Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Tigray Region, Round 14: November – December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
Vienna, Austria, December 12, 2018. OFID – the OPEC Fund for International Development – has approved more than US$328 million of new funding to benefit developing countries across the globe. The 165th Session of OFID’s Governing Board approved the funding at the organization’s Vienna
The public sector loans, which total US$216 million, will support the following projects.
by Beh Lih Yi | @BehLihYi | Thomson Reuters Foundation
Friday, 11 November 2016 10:54 GMT
Three fifths of the 5.9 million children who died before their fifth birthday last year lived in just 10 countries
By Beh Lih Yi
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 11 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Sixty percent of the world's 5.9 million children who died before their fifth birthday last year were in 10 countries in Asia and Africa, said a study published on Friday, prompting calls for action to reduce the mortality.
The Green Growth Best Practice (GGBP) initiative has issued a new report to help governments transition their economies successfully to climate compatible development.
A new report launched today by the Green Growth Best Practice (GGBP) initiative, pulls together the many tangible benefits that governments and communities are realising through the adoption of green growth policies.
Vienna, Austria, March 18, 2014. Meeting in its 146th Session, the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has approved financing of nearly US$264 million to boost socio-economic development in over 30 partner countries. Of the new commitments, over US$193m will support 10 public sector loans and nine grants. The bulk of the public sector funding will co-finance agriculture, transportation, education, energy, health and water supply and sanitation projects.
International spending on disaster risk reduction (DRR) requires dramatic review.
20th March 2012 – The Global Humanitarian Assistance (GHA) programme launches a new report today, Disaster risk reduction: Spending where it should count. The report provides a comprehensive view of the levels of international DRR spending, placed in the context of need and vulnerability, and reveals the shockingly low levels of investment and inequities of funding in this area at a time when the need for enhanced focus on the reduction of risk is paramount.
Brazil, China, India, Indonesia and Philippines expose companies to high levels of supply chain risk
An annual study by risk analysis firm Maplecroft has revealed that 76 countries now pose ‘extreme risks’ to the welfare of children from the entrenched use of underage working practices, up more than 10% from last year’s total of 68 ‘extreme risk’ countries.
According to Maplecroft the rise in reported child labour violations is due to worsening global security and the economic downturn.