Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
Addis Ababa September 06/2017 The government of China has pledged humanitarian relief assistance worth 15 million USD to Ethiopia, according to the Embassy of China.
Minister of Finance and Economic Cooperation, Dr. Abraham Tekeste and Mr. Liu Tao, Chargé d'Affaires of the Embassy of China in Ethiopia signed USD 15 million worth food-aid agreement expected to be delivered to drought-stricken victims shortly.
Africa and the African Union
International donors have pledged over US$450 million to support an African force to fight Islamist militants in northern Mali. The pledges came at a donors conference held Tuesday (January 30th) in Addis Ababa to raise funds and logistics support for the African-led International Support Mission to Mali (AFISMA). Prior to the donors' conference, the AU's new chairperson, Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn, announced the AU Assembly's pledge to help stabilize Mali.