Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
Aug 31 (Reuters) - A 150-nation conference in Geneva is looking at ways to improve climate information to help people cope with ever more droughts, floods, sandstorms and rising sea levels projected this century.
The Aug. 31-Sept. 4 talks are to agree a "Global Framework for Climate Services" that will improve information in areas ranging from health to energy.
Among examples of risks and solutions from around the world given by U.N. agencies:
Between 1991 and 2005, natural disasters killed 960,000 people and economic losses totalled $1.19 trillion.