Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
Libya - Conflict
• An escalation of conflict in areas located between Sirte, Misrata, Abu Ghareen and Zedadah, and the declaration of Sirte as a military zone, are causing an increase in displacement from Sirte to Bani Walid, Tarhouna, Tripoli and other cities.
• According to initial estimates, up to 5 560 households have left Sirte and arrived to Bani Walid, Tarhouna, Tripoli, and cities nearby. More households are expected.
Portugal – Forest fire
• The forest fire that broke out in the municipality of Gouveia, Guarda district, on 10 August, has been put under control, having burnt at least 2,363 ha.
U.S.A. – Wildfires
• Over 36 000ha have been burnt by an active wildfire (named “King Fire”) near Sacramento, northern California, while it has also destroyed 68 structures, including 12 houses, as of 24 September. Evacuations are still in effect.
• A second large wildfire, “Happy Camp Complex”, has burnt over 53 000ha in Siskiyou County. It is currently 86% contained. (NICC, USDA)
Ukraine/Russia – Severe Weather