Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
Annual child death rate drops by 4 million since 1990: Save the Children report reveals overseas aid among key drivers of change
Aid is one of six key factors that have driven marked improvements in child wellbeing and survival over the last 20 years, according to a new report Save the Children released today.
Independent research conducted by the Overseas Development Institute agency has found that over 4 million fewer children under the age of five die each year compared to 1990.
This monthly newsletter highlights UNISDR activities around the world. This issue reports on: (i) the start of consultations on a new international blueprint for reducing disaster losses in advance of the World Conference on Disaster Reduction; (ii) the Sixth World Water Forum's disaster risk reduction (DRR) pledge; (iii) private sector's risk revolution; (iv) the drought situation in the Horn of Africa; and (v) Kiribati's climate change insurance.