Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- World Vision East Africa Region Situation Report | October 1 - October 31, 2018
- President’s Malaria Initiative: Ethiopia - Malaria Operational Plan FY 2019
Foreword by: His Excellency Ambassador Smail Chergui, AU Commissioner, Peace and Security
Le Conseil de Paix et de sécurité (CPS) de l'Union africaine (UA), à sa 558ème réunion tenue le 19 Novembre 2015, a tenu une session publique, consacrée au thème: «L'impact d’El Nino sur la paix, la sécurité et la stabilité en Afrique et les conséquences humanitaires ».
Joint Press Release
The mandate of the Department of Rural Economy and Agriculture of the African Union Commission is to initiate and promote policies that can contribute to the development of rural economy and improve livelihoods through increasing agricultural productivity, ensuring food security, and enhancing sustainable use and management of Africa’s natural resources.
PRESS RELEASE N. 206/2009
Banjul, 10 November 2009 - The Third Conference of National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs), which started on Sunday, 8 November, 2009, in Banjul; Gambia, ended today, Tuesday, 10 November 2009, with constructive conclusions and recommendations to promote and support NHRIs in Africa.
The meeting noted that since the last Conference held in 2004, NHRIs had made significant progress in promoting and protecting human rights in Africa through activities such as capacity building, advocacy and counseling.
ADDRESSING CHALLENGES OF AFRICAN NATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS INSTITUTIONS
Banjul, November 8, 2009 - At the Third Conference of African National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) which started, today, Sunday, 8 November 2009, in Banjul, Republic of Gambia, representatives of National Human Rights Institutions have shared experiences, challenges and opportunities with a view to improving capacity building and enhancing or reinforcing their mandates.
On challenges, the representatives of the NHRIs agreed that funding and staffing levels had an effect on their work.
The AU Heads of State and Government adopted the Abuja Declarations and Plans of Action in 2000 and 2001, committing themselves to intensifying the fight against HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria and other infectious diseases (ORID). At their Abuja Special Summit of May 2006, they reaffirmed these pledges and committed themselves to scaling up action towards universal access to HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria services BY 2010. As was requested, the AU Commission, in collaboration with WHO and UNAIDS, prepared the 2-year Progress Report on the status of implementation in 2008.
- The Global Polio Eradication Initiative
(GPEI) is the largest, internationally-coordinated public health effort
in history. Since 1988 when the GPEI was launched, the GPEI has reduced
the global incidence of polio by more than 99%. As a result, indigenous
poliovirus has been eliminated from all countries except four countries:
India, Nigeria, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Polio is on the verge of eradication.
However, many countries continue to experience re-infections that result
in polio outbreaks.
ASSEMBLY OF THE AFRICAN UNION
Twelfth Ordinary Session
1 - 3 February 2009