Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- World Vision East Africa Region Situation Report | October 1 - October 31, 2018
- President’s Malaria Initiative: Ethiopia - Malaria Operational Plan FY 2019
Researchers collaborate with health officials to plan vaccination campaigns after discovering how to predict seasonal outbreaks.
Read the full report on the Guardian.
EU finds poor maintenance by recipient countries is leaving roads in ruin, jeopardising work to reduce poverty and hunger
The EU has spent billions of euros to build roads in sub-Saharan Africa that are left to deteriorate because of poor maintenance, the European Court of Auditors said on Tuesday.
The politics of aid can delay early intervention, despite last year's famine in Somalia showing early aid can achieve more
By Mark Tran
A recent briefing paper by the UN's Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) succinctly sums up the frustration of humanitarian groups as they grapple with the food crisis in the Sahel, where 18 million people are at risk from hunger.
Pictures of starving children give donors an instant justification to release aid. Predictions of starvation, however accurate, do not
After the hunger crisis that engulfed east Africa last summer, there was plenty for the world to think about. After all, we'd been warned it was coming – the first alerts of a potential crisis came the previous year. But not enough was done to avert it, and we now know that failure cost tens of thousands of lives and millions of dollars in aid money.