Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
In a complex and fast-changing world, we remain focused and resolute in pursuit of our goal – to provide the most appropriate, effective medicine in the harshest of environments. As well as responding to vital needs, our aid is born of a desire to show solidarity with people who are suffering, whether as a result of conflict, neglect or disease.
Ventimiglia, Italy- As a consequence of the ever-stricter border policies in place in Europe since the sharp increase in migration in 2015, the Italian town of Ventimiglia, near the French border, has turned into the main transit point for migrants trying to reach other EU countries from Italy. Since the end of 2016, Médécins Sans Frontières (MSF) has started providing maternal care and mental health support to migrants in transit to France, who are stuck at the border with no access to basic health care.
Hier, jeudi 14 mai, aux alentours de 9h, les équipes MSF ont reçu un appel du centre de sauvetage en mer de Rome les informant qu’un bateau de pêche en bois transportant 300 personnes était en détresse.
Vers 11h, l’équipe a commencé sa mission de sauvetage qui s'est terminée aux alentours de 18h. Au total, les équipes de sauvetage en mer de MSFSea et MOAS (Migrant Offshore Aid Station) ont porté assistance aux 561 personnes entassées sur ce bateau.