Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
At the beginning of 2017, approximately 65 million people worldwide are displaced from their homes and 130 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance as a result of ongoing violence, conflict and natural disaster.
Ireland is responding to these people’s urgent needs through our humanitarian assistance programme, managed by Irish Aid.
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
The Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade, Charles Flanagan TD, and the Minister for Development, Trade Promotion and North South Co-operation, Seán Sherlock TD, have announced that Ireland is providing €11.75 million in humanitarian assistance through the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund to strengthen the UN’s response to the unprecedented level of humanitarian crisis worldwide. This will bring the total amount of humanitarian assistance provided by Ireland through the Government’s aid programme to €100 million in 2015.
Minister Flanagan stated:
Minister Costello highlights results at the launch of the Irish Aid Annual Report
Minister for Trade and Development, Joe Costello, TD, today launched the 2013 Irish Aid Annual Report, which sets out the results achieved by Ireland’s international development programme, Irish Aid.
Speaking at the Irish Aid Volunteering and Information Centre on Dublin’s O’Connell Street, Minister Costello said:
“2013 was a significant year for Irish Aid and the Irish people can be proud of what their overseas development aid programme has achieved.