Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
- The Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Initiative (RWSSI) was launched in 2003 with the strategic goal of achieving full access to safe, adequate and affordable water supply and sanitation for rural areas in Africa by 2025. The RWSSI targets for 2015 are aligned with the MDG targets of 70% and 62% access to water supply and sanitation, respectively. This report updates stake holders on the progress made in 2013.
Food security remains an important development issue for Africa, with many countries facing high food costs and periodic food shortages due to climate change, humanitarian crises, conflict, displaced populations, poor agricultural practices and a high dependency on imported food stuffs. For this reason, food security remains a top priority on the continent’s development agenda, as outlined in the quarterly Africa Food Security Brief published recently by the Chief Economist Complex of the African Development Bank.
Barbara Barungi, Kazuhiro Numasawa, Adeleke Salami and Adalbert Nshimyumuremyi
- As the largest and most active international financial institutions (IFIs) and development finance institutions (DFIs) investing, lending, and providing advisory services in Africa(1), the African Development Bank Group, the Agence Française de Développement Group, the European Investment Bank, the Development Bank of Southern Africa, German Financial Cooperation (through KfW), the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation, and the World Bank Group, are launching a Joint IFI/DFI Action Plan to respond to the Financial Crisis in Africa coordinated through the African Financing …
Dakar, le 10 mai 2009 - "Dans la deuxième partie du XXe siècle, le continent africain, plus que tout autre, a souffert énormément des conflits violents au sein et entre les Etats", dit le Rapport de développement 2008 de l'Afrique (anglais), lancé aujourd'hui, 10 mai 2009, à Dakar, au Sénégal.
Le rapport, préparé par des experts de la Banque africaine de développement (BAD) et publié par les Presses de l'université Oxford, examine les coûts économiques et sociaux des conflits en …
Dakar, 10 May 2009 - "In the second half of the 20th Century, the African continent, more than any other part of the world has suffered enormously from violent conflict within and between States", says the African Development Report 2008-2009 released on Sunday, 10 May 2009 in Dakar Senegal.
The Report, prepared by African Development Bank (AfDB) experts and published by Oxford University Press, examines the economic and social cost of conflicts across the continent and provides cogent …