Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
To mark World Food Day, Merlin is calling on the international community to step up support to help the drought-affected communities in the region weather the crisis.
An extended drought, failing crops and the escalating need for food support in East Africa has tipped the delicate balance of food security in the region, putting millions of people at greater risk of malnutrition and disease. Currently at eight million, the number of people in need of food support is expected to reach 12 million.
Clean water sources are also steadily diminishing allowing diseases to gain ground.