Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Tigray Region, Round 14: November – December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Teaching science and hope in an Ethiopian refugee camp
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Somali Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Amhara Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
31 JANUARY 2018
United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres departed New York on Thursday, 25 January, for Ethiopia. During an hour-long layover in Lomé, Togo, he had a courtesy call with President Faure Essozimna Gnassingbé at the airport. The Secretary-General arrived in Addis Ababa late on Friday, 26 January.
On Saturday, 27 January, the Secretary-General began the day with a bilateral meeting with the Chairman of the African Union Commission, Moussa Faki Mahamat.
New York, 18 March 2009 - Deputy Secretary-General's remarks to General Assembly thematic debate on the right to education in emergency, post-crisis and transition situations caused by man-made conflicts and natural disasters
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am pleased to welcome you to this important debate.
SG/SM/7485/Rev.1* - AFR/253/Rev.1*
Following is the text of Secretary-General Kofi Annan's address to the Annual Assembly of Heads of State and Government of the Organization of African Unity (OAU), in Lomé on 10 July:
Let me add my voice to all those that have thanked the people and Government of Togo for their generous hospitality.
SG/SM/7005 - AFR/145 - 19990526
Following is the text of the message of Secretary-General Kofi Annan to the Organization of African Unity (OAU) "Africa Day" Conference, delivered on his behalf by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Kieran Prendergast in London on 26 May: