Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: Agriculture Sector HDRP Monthly Dashboard (October 2018)
In 2016, the Surge Capacity Section (SCS) managed 144 deployments to 32 countries.
Donor contributions are monetary donations provided by Governments and the private sector. This mechanism gives them the opportunity to pool their unearmarked contributions to a specific country. With these pooled donations, CBPFs offer rapid and flexible financing instruments to scale up humanitarian operations, increase humanitarian access, and strengthen our partnerships with local and international NGOs and UN agencies. This complements the overall humanitarian response based on affected people's needs identified under country-specific strategic response plans.
DAKAR, 22 February 2010 (IRIN) - A meningitis epidemic has struck earlier than usual and is spreading across sub-Saharan Africa's "meningitis belt" from Senegal to Ethiopia, according to health ministries in the region. The disease occurs during the dry season, with most cases reported in mid-April.