Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia: 2018 HDRP Funding Update (as of 15 January 2019)
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- Ethiopia: 3W - Operational Presence, Ongoing and Planned Activities (as of November 2018)
L'Organisation internationale pour les migrations (OIM) au Tchad a déclaré vendredi avoir besoin de 1,2 million de dollars pour fournir une aide d'urgence à plus de 950 migrants et ressortissants tchadiens déplacés par des affrontements intercommunautaires autour de deux mines d'or près de la frontière libyenne à la fin du mois de décembre.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Chad requires USD 1.2 million to urgently assist more than 950 migrants and Chadian nationals displaced by inter-communal fighting around two gold mines near the Libyan border at the end of December (27-28/12).
N’Djamena, 1 juin 2017 – Le Système des Nations Unies, l'Institut International de la Paix (IPI) et le Département fédéral des affaires étrangères de la Confédération suisse (DFAE), ont organisé une rencontre de haut niveau sur le thème : « Investir dans la Paix et la Prévention de la Violence au Sahel-Sahara ».
La planification humanitaire pour 2016 prévoit 4,3 millions de personnes dans le besoin dont 1,5 million ciblées pour une assistance humanitaire, reflétant des niveaux élevés de vulnérabilité dans tout le pays.
· Tchad: mobilisation au plus haut niveau en faveur des rapatriés de Centrafrique (RFI, 04/01/14)
· L’OIM débute l’évacuation aérienne des migrants bloqués en République centrafricaine (OIM, 10/01/14)
· Tchad : La Médiature de la République vient en aide aux rapatriés de RCA (Al Wihda, 08/01/14)
· The World Food Programme welcomes Chad’s historic contribution to school meals (WFP, 09/01/14)
· Le président tchadien réclame plus de sacrifices en faveur de la Centrafrique (Xinhua, 09/01/14)
Humanitarian need remains very high in many humanitarian crisis situations in Africa. Germany has therefore made an additional 8.2 million euros available for humanitarian relief projects run by UN organisations and NGOs in Africa.
Markus Löning, Federal Government Commissioner for Human Rights Policy and Humanitarian Aid, issued the following statement on the move:
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
12th & 13th Meetings (AM & PM)
Also Hears from Special Representative for Children and Armed Conflict, As It Begins Multi-Day Debate on Promotion, Protection of Rights of Child
United Nations aid operations in West Africa have received a boost with the injection of fresh funds to allow humanitarian flights in the region to continue, but similar air services in Chad will have to be cut within three weeks unless donors come forward with more assistance.
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) reported today that its Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) operations for Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea, which had been slated to close on Monday, will now be able to continue through September after the European Union contributed €100,000.
The service flies aid workers from …
The Regional Humanitarian Funding Update provides a quarterly overview of funding levels and trends in the 18 countries of the Central and East Africa region (CEA1) based on data reported to the Financial Tracking System (FTS2). The CEA region faces the greatest level of humanitarian need anywhere in the world.
Rome, 17 September 2008 - Facts, figures and the lastest updates from WFP's high profile emergencies.
- The security situation is relatively calm throughout the country. However, armed robbery and inter-ethnic conflicts continue to be reported in eastern and southern Chad.
- September general food distributions to Sudanese refugees have been completed in 11 out of 12 refugee camps. Distribution is ongoing in the remaining camps of Amnabak. In the south Chad, WFP also completed general food distributions in three out of the four CAR refugee camps.
CROSS BORDER & REGIONAL HIGHLIGHTS
Peacekeeping efforts for Chad and CAR
On the 11 January-at a meeting in Belgium-France, Poland and Belgium made pledges to provide the extra resources needed to launch the European Union Force for Chad and the Central African Republic (EUFOR). However the force could not be deployed-by the end of January-as planned, due to violence that beset the Chadian capital N'Djamena.
1. The present report is submitted in accordance with Security Council presidential statement S/PRST/2007/31, in which the Council requested the Secretary-General to report to it on options for the further implementation of resolution 1625 (2005) on conflict prevention, particularly in Africa.
2. A culture of prevention is taking hold at the United Nations; awareness of the importance of prevention has spread, and the commitment to building and mainstreaming its tools has taken root.
CROSS BORDER & REGIONAL HIGHLIGHTS
High Profile Operations
Many high profile operations also face critical pipeline breaks in the next three months.
PRRO 10427.0 - Post Conflict Relief and Rehabilitation
January 06 - December 08
Shortfalls over next 6 months (mt)(1)