Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- Collaborative Action for Sustainable Peace, Gedeo–Guji peacebuilding forum | November 22, 2018 | Dila town | Ethiopia
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Marks World AIDS Day with Optimism Following New Report on HIV Care and Treatment Progress
Le Secrétaire général adjoint aux affaires humanitaires et Coordonnateur des secours d'urgence, M. John Holmes a indiqué aujourd'hui lors d'une conférence de presse tenue au Siège de l'ONU, à New York, que les récents désastres climatiques qui ont affecté les Caraïbes, l'Asie du Sud et l'Afrique de l'Ouest étaient survenus au pire moment, alors que les pays touchés sont confrontés de surcroît aux conséquences néfastes de la crise alimentaire mondiale.
S'agissant de la situation dans les Caraïbes, M.
The United Nations' emergency relief official today told a United Nations Headquarters press conference that the recent severe weather that had hit the Caribbean, South Asia and West Africa could not have come at a worse time, as many of the affected countries were already reeling from the effects of the global food crisis.
Briefing correspondents on the humanitarian situation in areas that have been affected by recent storms and floods, John Holmes, …
DISCLAIMER: The following is a non-exhaustive selection of health-related events For a list of acronyms, please see the last page of this and WHO actions undertaken during the stated period in specific countries in update. which populations are experiencing crisis conditions. This has been compiled by WHO/Health Action in Crises (HAC/HQ), in consultation with relevant Country and Regional Offices.