Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 2018 HDRP Funding Update (as of 15 January 2019)
- Ethiopia: 3W - Education Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities Map (as of November 2018)
Pandemic A (H1N1): Twenty nine (29) countries are now affected in our Region with a total case load of 14,868 and 103 deaths as of 09th November 2009 but the overall decline in incidence continues. Other humanitarian concerns include political crises in Guinea and Niger, disease outbreaks, the complex emergencies in central African countries and the food crises in the horn of Africa.
Situation in Countries
CAR: Ongoing violence in the South-east due to the LRA rebels activities.
Pandémie A (H1N1): Vingt et neuf (29) pays sont actuellement touchés dans notre Région avec un total de cas s'élevant à 14 868 et 103 décès au 9 novembre 2009 mais la baisse globale de l'incidence continue.
23 July 2003, Rome -- In sub-Saharan Africa, 23 countries are facing food emergencies, according to a new report released by FAO today.
More food aid needed for some sub-Saharan African countries
Rome, 17 December 2002 - Some 40 million people in sub-Saharan Africa are threatened by severe food shortages and a major humanitarian crisis is deepening in southern Africa, the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) said today.