Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Marks World AIDS Day with Optimism Following New Report on HIV Care and Treatment Progress
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
Pandemic H1N1: The pandemic is flaring up in our Region. Fourteen (14) countries are now affected with a total of 589 confirmed cases without death reported as of 31st of July 2009. The Regional Office for Africa is organizing an African Conference on Pandemic A (H1N1) in South Africa 11-13 August 2009 to reflect mainly on the impacts of the pandemic.
Pandémie H1N1: la pandémie en en voie d'explosion dans notre Région. Quatorze (14) pays sont actuellement touchés avec un total de 589 cas sans décès au 31 juillet 2009. Le Bureau Régional pour l'Afrique organise une Conférence Africaine sur la Pandémie A (H1N1) en Afrique du Sud du 11-13 août 2009 pour réfléchir principalement sur les impacts de la pandémie.
Pandemic H1N1: WHO is very concerned by the rapid spread of the pandemic which has now claimed more than 700 lives worldwide. In our Region, no death has been reported so far but the number of confirmed cases and countries affected is rapidly increasing. As of 21st of July 2009, a total of 174 confirmed cases were reported from 12 countries. AFRO maintains its call to the member states to intensify surveillance.
Floods: We continue to monitor the floods in West Africa countries as we enter the rainy season.