Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- German Launches Special Training Initiative to Refugees in Ethiopia
Since the beginning of the year, 11,675 measles cases were confirmed out of 12,421 reported cases. The Ministry of Health has not yet secured enough funding for the $38 million required to conduct the measles vaccination campaign for children under-15 planned for October.
The Government of Canada contributed $68,500 for the procurement and prepositioning of emergency education supplies. As of 13 May the education cluster was 2 per cent funded.
Drought in the Horn of Africa has left 12.4 million people in need of help. While international attention to the emergency has peaked in recent weeks, CERF funds have been addressing the crisis since rainfalls failed at the end of 2010. More than $94 million dollars has been allocated to drought-affected countries this year.