Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Marks World AIDS Day with Optimism Following New Report on HIV Care and Treatment Progress
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
Since the beginning of the year, 11,675 measles cases were confirmed out of 12,421 reported cases. The Ministry of Health has not yet secured enough funding for the $38 million required to conduct the measles vaccination campaign for children under-15 planned for October.
The Government of Canada contributed $68,500 for the procurement and prepositioning of emergency education supplies. As of 13 May the education cluster was 2 per cent funded.
Drought in the Horn of Africa has left 12.4 million people in need of help. While international attention to the emergency has peaked in recent weeks, CERF funds have been addressing the crisis since rainfalls failed at the end of 2010. More than $94 million dollars has been allocated to drought-affected countries this year.