Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
Ottawa, Ontario―Today, the Honourable Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, announced how Canada will be providing continued aid to those affected by the ongoing crisis in eastern Africa through the East Africa Drought Relief Fund.
In October, the Minister reported on the generosity of Canadian donations to help those suffering in eastern Africa. To fulfil its commitment, the government is providing support, through the East Africa Drought Relief Fund, to 14 organizations that are working on the ground to help those most in need.
Canada fulfills food security commitment
October 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec―Today, the Honourable Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, announced the preliminary tally of funds donated by Canadians to registered Canadian charitable organizations working in East Africa on drought relief.
Le Canada donne suite à son engagement à l'égard de la sécurité alimentaire
Le 5 octobre 2011
Montréal, Québec ― Aujourd'hui, l'honorable Beverley J. Oda, ministre de la Coopération internationale, a annoncé le montant total préliminaire des dons versés par les Canadiens aux organismes de bienfaisance canadiens enregistrés qui viennent en aide aux victimes de la sécheresse en Afrique de l'Est.
Ottawa, Ontario―The Honourable Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, today announced further details of Canada's support to the more than 12 million people in East Africa affected by the worst drought and famine in more than a generation.
Drought in the Horn of Africa has left 12.4 million people in need of help. While international attention to the emergency has peaked in recent weeks, CERF funds have been addressing the crisis since rainfalls failed at the end of 2010. More than $94 million dollars has been allocated to drought-affected countries this year.