Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (24 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Key Message Update, September 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2018 - Ethiopia (Revised August 2018)
The support announced today by the Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of International Development and La Francophonie, totals $30 million in emergency humanitarian assistance funding, which will go to several partners in response to the food security crisis in Ethiopia.
Chair’s Summary – Publication of the G7 Report on the Implementation of the G8 Declaration on Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict
The Chair of the G7 has the honour to present the G7 Report on the Implementation of the G8 Declaration on Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict.
ADDIS ABABA – Thanks to timely contributions from key donors, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is able to continue food distributions later this month for more than 1.5 million people in the Somali region of Ethiopia, and can scale up nutrition help to more than 700,000 children and nursing mothers in the most drought-affected areas. The scaling up of food and nutrition support is crucial to prevent vulnerable people falling into a deeper crisis.
Canada to support Canadian Foodgrains Bank initiative to assist African farmers
July 31, 2015 - Ottawa, Ontario - Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Today, the Honourable Christian Paradis, Minister of International Development and La Francophonie, announced support for a project that will enable the Canadian Foodgrains Bank (CFGB) to directly benefit more than 50,000 farmers in Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania.
Since the beginning of the year, 11,675 measles cases were confirmed out of 12,421 reported cases. The Ministry of Health has not yet secured enough funding for the $38 million required to conduct the measles vaccination campaign for children under-15 planned for October.
The Government of Canada contributed $68,500 for the procurement and prepositioning of emergency education supplies. As of 13 May the education cluster was 2 per cent funded.
Minister MacKay and MP Armstrong announce two projects that will help boost farmers’ productivity and resilience
February 1, 2015 - Truro, Nova Scotia - Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada