Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- ECHO Factsheet – Ethiopia – Last updated 17/12/2018
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Implementing solar irrigation to achieve resilient livelihoods in Southern Ethiopia
The role of faith in the humanitarian sector is not easy to measure. Faiths generally advocate welcoming the stranger and there are many organisations and individuals inspired by their faith or religion to provide protection and assistance. Yet it is easier to measure the activities inspired by faith than to measure the difference that having that faith makes, and secularly inspired standards for such activities can appear to be in tension with the faith inspiration. FMR 48 includes 36 articles on ‘Faith’ plus seven ‘general’ articles.
Canada’s support to Médecins Sans Frontières is helping to improve access to emergency health care
August 22, 2014 – Ottawa, Ontario – Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Le ministre des Affaires étrangères John Baird a annoncé aujourd’hui qu’il assistera au Sommet sur les filles 2014 à Londres, au Royaume-Uni, afin d’appuyer les efforts mondiaux déployés pour mettre fin aux mariages précoces et forcés ainsi qu’à la mutilation génitale des femmes.
« Le mariage d’enfants est un problème mondial qui exige une action concertée de tous les pays, a déclaré le ministre Baird. Son élimination donnera aux femmes et aux filles l’autonomie dont elles ont besoin pour contribuer au développement et à la prospérité de leurs collectivités. »
Geneva, 11 July 2014 (WMO) - Weather, climate and water-related disasters are on the rise worldwide, causing loss of life and setting back economic and social development by years, if not decades. From 1970 to 2012, 8 835 disasters, 1.94 million deaths, and US$ 2.4 trillion of economic losses were reported globally as a result of hazards such as droughts, extreme temperatures, floods, tropical cyclones and related health epidemics, according to a new report.
July 4, 2014 - Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird today announced that Canada is contributing $20 million over two years to UNICEF toward ending child, early and forced marriage.
“Today’s announcement is the latest step in Canada’s campaign to end child, early and forced marriage”, said Baird. “This troubling practice is a violation of human rights and also hinders economic development. When girls can’t reach their full potential, everyone suffers—girls, their communities and their countries.”