Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 69 | 25 November - 9 December 2018
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
Spotlight on Progress
The “third struggle” for freedom in Africa
When the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was adopted by the UN in 1948, much of Africa was still in its first struggle for liberation from colonial rule. Only three African countries were present at the UN for the vote: Egypt, Ethiopia and South Africa. Apartheid South Africa abstained.
The 21th round of data collection took place in July and August 2018. During this round a revised version of the data collection methodology was used to capture additional information on the needs and challenges migrants are facing.
DTM identified there to be at least 669,176 migrants in Libya. Migrants were identified in all baladiyas, within 554 communities and originated from more than 41 countries.
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid1 , and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union ('Overseas Association Decision')2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,
Global Overview JUNE 2018
Les problèmes liés au pâturage et les répercussions du conflit sur le commerce de bétail contribuent à faire augmenter les souffrances liées à la faim chez les éleveurs ouest-africains
WaPOR: database dissemination portal and APIs
The FAO portal to monitor Water Productivity through Open access of Remotely sensed derived data (WaPOR) monitors and reports on agriculture water productivity over Africa and the Near East.
It provides open access to the water productivity database and its thousands of underlying map layers, it allows for direct data queries, time series analyses, area statistics and data download of key variables associated to water and land productivity assessments.
7 March 2018
A few days ago, we celebrated the centenary year of Nelson Mandela’s birth. We spoke of his example; his fortitude, his suffering and compassion, while recalling also the declaration that he and my predecessor Mary Robinson signed in 2000 on diversity and tolerance.