Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
Threats and violence affecting emergency care
Middle-East and North Africa
Syrian Arab Republic
19 July 2018: In Manjib city and district, Aleppo governorate, a mine exploded near an ambulance carrying patients, slightly injuring the driver and damaging the vehicle. Another mine was later found 25 metres away from the spot. Source: Manbijmc
This overview documents presents the data from the fifth Safeguarding Health in Conflict Coalition (SHCC) report.
In 2017, there were at least 701 attacks on hospitals, health workers, patients, and ambulances in 23 countries in conflict around the world. More than 101 health workers and 293 patients and others are reported to have died as a result of these attacks
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available in open sources.
Burkina Faso 15 May 2017: In Djahoye town, unidentified perpetrators launched an attack, killing the president of the Village Development Council, and seizing money, food and a motorcycle before fleeing. Source: China
In 2015, open sources reported 207 aid workers as assaulted or injured in 95 severe incidents.
- During the first six months of 2016, 43 severe incidents reported 97 aid workers as assaulted or injured.
- 2 aid workers raped in South Sudan and Tanzania.
- 1 aid worker sexually assaulted in Zambia.
816 aid workers reported killed, kidnapped, injured or assaulted between January 2015 and June 2016
In 2015, open sources reported 515 aid workers killed (179), kidnapped (129) and assaulted or injured (207) in 234 severe incidents. During the first six months of 2016, open sources reported 301 aid workers killed (129), kidnapped (75) and assaulted or injured (97) in 122 severe incidents.