Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- ECHO Factsheet – Ethiopia – Last updated 17/12/2018
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- Implementing solar irrigation to achieve resilient livelihoods in Southern Ethiopia
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
Snapshot 17–23 February 2016
DRC: More than 35,000 people have lost shelter in Zongo, Sud-Ubangi, due to forest fires that have been affecting the territory since mid-December. The fires have destroyed over 2,600 hectares of crops. Assistance delivery is hampered by bad road conditions between Gemena and Zongo.
The on-going El Niño event, officially declared in March, will remain active throughout 2015 and is very likely to extend into the first quarter of 2016.
The event is now strengthening towards its peak intensity which should be reached in late 2015. There is a significant chance that this event could be close or even exceed the strongest levels on record.
U.S.A. – Wildfires
• Over 36 000ha have been burnt by an active wildfire (named “King Fire”) near Sacramento, northern California, while it has also destroyed 68 structures, including 12 houses, as of 24 September. Evacuations are still in effect.
• A second large wildfire, “Happy Camp Complex”, has burnt over 53 000ha in Siskiyou County. It is currently 86% contained. (NICC, USDA)
Ukraine/Russia – Severe Weather