Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
The World Food Programme wishes to thank donors for their continued generosity. This year donors have contributed over US $ 1.3 billion, and WFP has used these resources to mobilise over 3.1 million tons of food aid distributed to needy people.
This report includes: (A) Asia Floods: Cambodia, Vietnam and Bangladesh (B) West and Central Asia Drought: Afghanistan, Pakistan, Georgia and Armenia (C) DPR Korea (D) Latin America: Nicaragua and Honduras (E) Horn of Africa Drought: Kenya, Ethiopia and Eritrea (F) Mozambique (G) Sierra Leone (H) Angola (I) Balkans: FR Yugoslavia: Kosovo, Serbia, Montenegro, FYRo Macedonia, Albania.
Jose Hueb, WHO
Water, Sanitation and Health
Department of Protection of the Human Environment
Approximately 1.1 billion people globally do not have access to adequate supplies of clean drinking water and about 2.5 billion people have no access to adequate sanitation facilities. More than 2 billion people, most of them children, die annually from diarrhoeal diseases which are closely related to lack of access to safe water and adequate sanitation.