Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
This report includes: (A) Palestinian Territory (B) Russian Federation / Northern Caucasus (C) Indonesia / West Timor (D) India / Rajahstan (E) Bangladesh (F) Southeast Asia: Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos (G) DPR Korea (H) Ethiopia (I) Sudan (J) Haiti
New documents available on the EHA website:
The World Food Programme wishes to thank donors for their continued generosity. This year donors have contributed over US $ 1.3 billion, and WFP has used these resources to mobilise over 3.1 million tons of food aid distributed to needy people.
This report includes: (A) Resources (B) Executive Board Session (C) Horn of Africa: (1) Kenya, (2) Ethiopia (D) Great Lakes Region: (1) Democratic Republic of Congo, (2) Tanzania, (3) Burundi (E) Sierra Leone (F) Angola (G) Palestinian Territory (H) Afghanistan (I) Southeast Asia: (1) Cambodia, (2) Vietnam
This report includes: (A) Palestinian Territory (B) Southeast Asia Floods: Cambodia, Vietnam (C) Central Asia Drought: Afghanistan, Georgia (D) DPR Korea (E) Horn of Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Eritrea (F) Great Lakes: DR Congo, Republic of Congo, Burundi (G) Sierra Leone (H) Southern Africa: Angola, Namibia
This report includes: (A) Asia Floods: Cambodia, Vietnam and Bangladesh (B) West and Central Asia Drought: Afghanistan, Pakistan, Georgia and Armenia (C) DPR Korea (D) Latin America: Nicaragua and Honduras (E) Horn of Africa Drought: Kenya, Ethiopia and Eritrea (F) Mozambique (G) Sierra Leone (H) Angola (I) Balkans: FR Yugoslavia: Kosovo, Serbia, Montenegro, FYRo Macedonia, Albania.
This report includes: (A) Horn of Africa; (B) West and Central Asia: Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Pakistan and Armenia; (C) South East Asia: Vietnam and Cambodia, Indonesia/West Timor, East Timor; (D) Russian Federation/Northern Caucasus; (E) DPR Korea; (F) Sudan; (G) Sierra Leone.
Jose Hueb, WHO
Water, Sanitation and Health
Department of Protection of the Human Environment
Approximately 1.1 billion people globally do not have access to adequate supplies of clean drinking water and about 2.5 billion people have no access to adequate sanitation facilities. More than 2 billion people, most of them children, die annually from diarrhoeal diseases which are closely related to lack of access to safe water and adequate sanitation.