Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15-28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mai-Aini Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
Global Overview MAY 2018
WaPOR: database dissemination portal and APIs
The FAO portal to monitor Water Productivity through Open access of Remotely sensed derived data (WaPOR) monitors and reports on agriculture water productivity over Africa and the Near East.
It provides open access to the water productivity database and its thousands of underlying map layers, it allows for direct data queries, time series analyses, area statistics and data download of key variables associated to water and land productivity assessments.
Global Overview APRIL 2018
Between 1 January and 31 July 2017, 25,556 refugees were submitted by UNHCR for resettlement to 22 countries in Europe, only 11% less than the total for 2016 and already 130% more than the average rate of 11,100 submissions per year during the last decade.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
El CIVICUS Monitor, una nueva herramienta de investigación online que califica el espacio cívico y documenta las violaciones a los derechos en todo el mundo, pone de manifiesto un impacto global.
Los gobiernos restringen el espacio cívico y callan las voces disidentes
L’impact mondial est exposé au grand jour par le CIVICUS Monitor, un nouvel outil de recherche en ligne notant l'espace civique dans le monde et documentant les violations des droits.
Les gouvernements referment l'espace civique et font taire les voix dissidentes
Global impact laid bare by the CIVICUS Monitor, a new online research tool that rates civic space around the world and documents violations of rights
Governments shutting down civic space and shutting up dissenting voices
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.
Data Sources: United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, United Nations Environment Programme, Population Action International