Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Helping Ethiopia Achieve Green Growth and Avoid Industrialised Nations’ Environmental Mistakes
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 65 | 01-14 October 2018
Increased rains observed over the central parts of West Africa.
Slow start of the June-September rains observed over parts of Eastern Africa.
Favorable rainfall distribution observed across the western parts of West Africa.
Marginal rainfall continues in Eastern Africa.
1) Poor rainfall distribution during the March-May rainfall season had negatively impacted agricultural and pastoral activities throughout western Kenya, parts of northeastern Uganda, southeastern South Sudan, and northwestern Tanzania. Limited rains are forecast over southern Ethiopia and northwestern Kenya during the next week, which could sustain poor conditions on the ground.
- Rainfall deficits have increased over portions of West Africa.
- Slightly reduced rains observed in Eastern Africa.
1) Poor rainfall distribution during the March-May rainfall season had negatively impacted agricultural and pastoral activities throughout western Kenya, parts of northeastern Uganda, southeastern South Sudan, and northwestern Tanzania. Although some areas could still receive enhanced rains over the next week, the ending rainy season could worsen conditions further on the ground.
Rainfall forecasts suggest no respite in wetness across far western West Africa during the next outlook period.
An irregular distribution of rainfall was observed in Eastern Africa during the March-May rainy season.
Note: Map in 2 pages