Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia, WB Sign 100 Mln USD Loan Agreement
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
Durban, South Africa (PANA) - OAU Secretary General Amara Essy said Wednesday in Durban, South Africa that poverty, conflicts, deprivation and diseases plaguing the continent were a betrayal of Africa's youth.
Blantyre, Malawi - Le président du Malawi, Bakili Muluzi, a assisté mardi aux funérailles du président congolais assassiné, Laurent-Désiré Kabila, au milieu des craintes d'un nouvel afflux de réfugiés congolais au Malawi.
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania (PANA) - Over one million people in Tanzania are experiencing an acute food shortage as a result of drought, with the World Food Programme saying it has no relief aid set aside for them.
by Tervil Okoko
KIGALI, Rwanda (PANA) - Africa's human rights situation is continuing to arouse a great deal of concern in several countries, noted the 26th ordinary session of the African Commission of Human and Peoples' Rights (ACHPR) which ended on Monday in Kigali.
Jerome Hule, PANA Correspondent
NEW YORK, UN (PANA) - With its appeal to the international community in support of its humanitarian operations in Africa largely unheeded, the UN said Thursday that a desperate situation faced 12 million victims of war and natural disasters on the continent.
CAIRO, Egypt (PANA) - The Day of the African Refugee was observed Sunday amid hopes by continent's people for a quick and adequate solution to the prevailing problems affecting refugees and stateless people.