Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
By BARNABAS BII More by this Author
Stringent security measures have been introduced at Kakuma refugee camp in Turkana County to deter Al-Shabaab militants from hiding there.
Refugees are being thoroughly vetted before being admitted and restricted from going to other parts of the county.
“We no longer accept refugees without referral letters from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees,” said Turkana West police boss Jonathan Ngala.
He also said refugees would not be allowed to leave the camp without a compelling reason like medical treatment.