Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Ethiopia, WB Sign 100 Mln USD Loan Agreement
- Ethiopia: Displacement and Food Security, 28 November 2018
By Denis McClean
GENEVA, 29 February 2012 - The March to May rainfall season in the Greater Horn of Africa is likely to result in "near normal to below normal rainfall" over much of the region, according to a statement today from the 30th Greater Horn of Africa Climate Outlook Forum (GHACOF30).
This rainfall outlook applies in particular to areas plagued by drought in recent years including much of Somalia; Djibouti; eastern and northern Kenya; southern, eastern and north-eastern Ethiopia.
This issue addresses disaster risk by highlighting the action undertaken by the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR) and its partners to reduce the impacts of natural hazards in Africa.
Its content includes:
Africa agrees on a common position for Durban
International Day for Disaster Reduction 2011
Southern Africa launches DRR platform
SARCOF-15: Bridging gaps between climatologists and DRR experts
East African Community seeks common strategy to address DRR
This on-line newsletter gathers information about about the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction Secretariat (UNISDR) and its partners' activities in Africa.