Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- UNHCR Ethiopia Fact Sheet September 2018
Le maïs blanc est la céréale de base principale consommées en Tanzanie, au Kenya et en Ethiopie. En Ouganda, le maïs blanc est cultivé principalement en tant que culture commerciale pour l'exportation dans la région. Le riz importé est un aliment de base majeur pour Djibouti et la Somalie, qui consomment principalement Belem‐le riz importé rouge. La Tanzanie est également un producteur majeur et source de riz dans la région tandis que le Kenya et l'Ouganda sont de petits producteurs. Les deux rouges et le sorgho blanc sont produits et consommés dans la région.
covering mixed migration events, trends and data for Djibouti, Eritrea/Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya, Puntland, Somalia, Somaliland and Yemen.
New Arrivals: According to the data compiled by the UNHCR and partners during the month of September 2012, an estimated 8,382 people arrived on Yemen’s shores, with the largest movement of 5,530 people moving from Djibouti, representing 66% of the total arrivals.
Djibouti-Drought alert-The last three rainy seasons were poor and this was compounded by the migration of pastoralists from Somalia, Ethiopia and Eritrea in search of pasture and resulted in the deterioration of the food security situation.
CCA Guidance for East and Northeast Africa Rainfall in March-May 2004 at One Month Lead
Northeast Africa is defined here as the region between 5N and 20N; 20-50E. The prediction for Mar-Apr-May 2004 rainfall at one month lead (neafMAM1.gif) essentially calls for climatology over the region with some very weak signals of higher than climatological probability for rainfall in the area of Djibouti.
Press Release SG/SM/7373 - 20000501
The following statement was issued today by the Office of the Spokesman for Secretary-General Kofi Annan:
The Secretary-General has asked Manuel Aranda da Silva, a senior staff member with the World Food Programme, to travel immediately to the Horn of Africa to serve as the United Nations Regional Humanitarian Coordinator for the Drought in the Horn of Africa.