Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia | Internal displacement (December 2018) – DG ECHO Daily Map | 22/01/2019
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
This report covers the period 01 January 2009 to 31 December 2009
Programme purpose: To enhance capacities of the 141 National Societies (NS) in East Africa region in responding to the humanitarian challenges.
- Disaster Management (DM) programme: To build well-prepared, stronger and more efficient NS able to predict, prevent and reduce risks and respond to emergencies, mitigate their impact as well as cope with their consequences in an appropriate manner.
- Health and Social Services (HSS) programme: To build and strengthen capacities of the NS in responding to public …
HORN OF AFRICA FLOODS
Unusually heavy rains during the months of October and November have turned large parts of the Horn of Africa into flood disaster areas with loss of life, massive displacement, and loss of livelihoods and assets in particularly in Kenya, Somalia, and Ethiopia. Accumulated estimates from the three countries put the total number of affected people between 1, 5 and 1, 8 million. Emergency response has being mounted by Governments in the affected countries, UN agencies, NGOs and other humanitarian partners.
Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Food, Health, Infrastructure and Rehabilitation, Mine Action, Protection / Human Rights / Rule of Law, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items
(B) Middle East,Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Lebanon
(C) East & Central Africa: (1) Burundi (2) Congo, DR (3) Ethiopia (4) Kenya (5) Rwanda (6) Somalia (7) Sudan (8) Tanzania (9) Uganda
(D) West Africa: (1) Chad (2) Cote d'Ivoire (3) Guinea (4) Liberia (5) Niger
(E) Asia: (1) Afghanistan (2) Sri Lanka (3) Timor Leste
(F) Latin America and …
This week's report covers the following sectors: Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Education, Food, Health, Infrastructure and Rehabilitation, Mine Action, Protection / Human Rights / Rule of Law, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items, Water & Sanitation
(B) Middle East,Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Lebanon (2) occupied Palestinian territories (3) Russian Federation (Caucasus)
(C) East & Central Africa: (1) Burundi (2) Congo, DR (3) Djibouti (4) Eritrea (5) Ethiopia (6) Rwanda (7) Somalia (8) Sudan (9) Tanzania (10) …
DISCLAIMER: The following is a non-exhaustive selection of health-related events and WHO actions undertaken during the stated period in specific countries in which populations are experiencing crisis conditions. This has been compiled by WHO/Health Action in Crises (HAC/HQ) in Geneva, in consultation with relevant Country and Regional Offices. If you are a WHO staff member and wish to contribute to this update, please write firstname.lastname@example.org.