Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
- Ethiopia, WB Sign 100 Mln USD Loan Agreement
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 68 | 11 - 25 November 2018
- Ethiopia: Displacement and Food Security, 28 November 2018
15,517,531 Total number of displaced people in African countries
3,975,947 Total number of refugees
11,541,584 Total number of Internally Displaced People
134,492 Total sea arrivals in 2015 from African countries to Europe (Greece, Italy, Spain and Malta)
Abnormal dryness has settled in across West Africa due to insufficient rains since the start of the season.
Seasonal rains continue in Eastern Africa.
1) An uneven distribution of the March-May rains had adversely impacted crops and ground conditions over the SNNP, central and Belgproducing areas of Ethiopia, eastern Eritrea, and Djibouti. As the March-May season had already ended, recovery is unlikely.
- The onset of the rainy season has been sluggish over West Africa, but an increase in rainfall is expected during the next week.
1) An uneven distribution of the March-May rains had adversely impacted crops and ground conditions over the SNNP, central and Belg-producing areas of Ethiopia, eastern Eritrea, and Djibouti. As the March-May season has already ended, recovery is unlikely.
1) Since June, insufficient and poorly-distributed rainfall has led to large rainfall deficits across the Gulf of Guinea countries and has reduced maize yields in Ghana, southern Togo and in southwestern Nigeria. Although seasonal rainfall has increased during the second peak of the bi-modal rainfall season, below average thirty and sixty day rainfall totals have continued. Average rainfall is forecast during the next week.
A slight reduction in rainfall was observed across West Africa, while seasonal rains continued over eastern Africa during the past week.
Note: Map production date estimated