Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU steps up support for Ethiopia: emergency aid for refugees, internally displaced people and to tackle natural disasters
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia-Kenya high-level cross-border Peace dialogue concludes with an action plan to address ongoing inter-communal conflict along common border
Regional Flow Monitoring Network
30 FMPs and nine mobile FMPs are currently operational in seven countries.
In Burkina Faso, data was collected from five FMPs during the month of October 2018. An average of 1,117 individuals were observed crossing Flow Monitoring Points daily - a slight decrease of three per cent from the September figures.
World Humanitarian Data and Trends presents global- and country-level data-and-trend analysis about humanitarian crises and assistance. Its purpose is to consolidate this information and present it in an accessible way, providing policymakers, researchers and humanitarian practitioners with an evidence base to support humanitarian policy decisions and provide context for operational decisions.
Spotlight on Progress
Key developments in the week of December 2nd include the escalating Islamic State activity in Egypt and Burkina Faso; the instability posed by other Islamist militants such as in Mozambique; and the high tensions in Togo and Ethiopia.
The Islamic State is nearly as strong in Africa in 2018 as when it peaked in 2015. Since October, activity by Islamic State militants has significantly risen across Northern, Western and Eastern Africa and this trend is likely to continue.
Launch of the Global Humanitarian Overview 2019 and the World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
The “third struggle” for freedom in Africa
When the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was adopted by the UN in 1948, much of Africa was still in its first struggle for liberation from colonial rule. Only three African countries were present at the UN for the vote: Egypt, Ethiopia and South Africa. Apartheid South Africa abstained.
ACCRA, Ghana, le 20 novembre 2018— La pratique du mariage d’enfants coûtera des dizaines de milliards de dollars aux pays africains, indique un nouveau rapport de la Banque mondiale publié à l’occasion du deuxième Sommet de la Commission de l’Union africaine pour mettre fin au mariage précoce qui se tiendra cette semaine au Ghana.
United Nations-coordinated Appeals
FUNDING REQUIRED $25.20B
FUNDING RECEIVED $11.97B
UNMET REQUIREMENTS $13.23B
PEOPLE IN NEED 135.3 M
PEOPLE TO RECEIVE AID 97.9 M
COUNTRIES AFFECTED 41
Global Humanitarian Funding
FUNDING RECEIVED $17.98B
UN-COORDINATED APPEALS $11.97B
OTHER FUNDING $6.01B
Global Appeal Status
UNFPA-UNICEF GLOBAL PROGRAMME TO ACCELERATE ACTION TO END CHILD MARRIAGE
11th Annual Joint Consultative Meeting of the Political and Security Committee of the European Union and of the Peace and Security Council of the African Union
23 October 2018
Par le Centre d’études stratégiques de l’Afrique
19 octobre 2018
Les conflits sont un facteur central de la géographie de l’insécurité alimentaire en Afrique. Plus un conflit se poursuit, plus l'acuité de cette insécurité s'aggrave.
"Access to education is a fundamental human right. It is essential to the acquisition of knowledge and to the full development of the human personality, as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states. More than that, education makes us more resilient and independent individuals."
Filippo Grandi, UN High Commissioner for Refugees.