Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Afar Region, Round 13: September/October 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
The Peace and Security Council (PSC) of the African Union (AU), at its 797th meeting held on 24 September 2018, at the ministerial level, adopted the following decision on the State of Peace and Security in Africa and the Initiatives and Steps for Promoting African Solutions to African Problems:
Le Conseil de paix et de sécurité (CPS) de l'Union africaine (UA), en sa 797ème réunion, au niveau ministériel, tenue le 24 septembre 2018, a adopté la décision qui suit sur l'état de la paix et de la sécurité en Afrique, et les initiatives et mesures pour promouvoir des solutions africaines aux problèmes africains :
Le Conseil de Paix et de sécurité (CPS) de l'Union africaine (UA), à sa 558ème réunion tenue le 19 Novembre 2015, a tenu une session publique, consacrée au thème: «L'impact d’El Nino sur la paix, la sécurité et la stabilité en Afrique et les conséquences humanitaires ».
The mandate of the Department of Rural Economy and Agriculture of the African Union Commission is to initiate and promote policies that can contribute to the development of rural economy and improve livelihoods through increasing agricultural productivity, ensuring food security, and enhancing sustainable use and management of Africa’s natural resources.
The AU Heads of State and Government adopted the Abuja Declarations and Plans of Action in 2000 and 2001, committing themselves to intensifying the fight against HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria and other infectious diseases (ORID). At their Abuja Special Summit of May 2006, they reaffirmed these pledges and committed themselves to scaling up action towards universal access to HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria services BY 2010. As was requested, the AU Commission, in collaboration with WHO and UNAIDS, prepared the 2-year Progress Report on the status of implementation in 2008.
- The Global Polio Eradication Initiative
(GPEI) is the largest, internationally-coordinated public health effort
in history. Since 1988 when the GPEI was launched, the GPEI has reduced
the global incidence of polio by more than 99%. As a result, indigenous
poliovirus has been eliminated from all countries except four countries:
India, Nigeria, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Polio is on the verge of eradication.
However, many countries continue to experience re-infections that result
in polio outbreaks.
Meeting of the Committee of Experts of the 2nd Joint Annual Meetings of the AU Conference of Ministers of Economy and Finance and ECA Conference of Ministers of Finance, Planning and Economic Development