Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15-28 October 2018
- Mai-Aini Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Hitsats Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
By Emma Batha
LONDON (AlertNet) – Chad, again on the brink of a food crisis, will keep lurching from one emergency to another unless donors overcome their “repetitive amnesia” on the country and tackle chronic malnutrition there, International Medical Corps (IMC) warns.
Aid groups have warned that hunger threatens between 5 and 9 million people in countries in Africa's Sahel region just below the Sahara including Chad, Niger, Mauritania, Burkina Faso and Mali.
06 Dec 2011 16:52 Source: Alertnet // Emma Batha
By Emma Batha
LONDON, Dec 6 (Reuters) - The hunger crisis in Horn of Africa, which has left more than 13 million people at risk of starvation, will continue into the spring and possibly even summer, the European Union’s top aid official said on Tuesday.
European Humanitarian Aid Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva also warned that the Sahel region faced “very dramatic hunger” next year and feared that some countries there were burying their heads in the sand.