Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
We stand at a critical crossroads. At this moment in time we must galvanize all nations, all people, all resources to defeat hunger. Or we can watch helplessly as the first - and most foundational - Millennium Development Goal of halving the percent of poverty and hunger continues to slip out of our grasp.
This is the emergency issue of our generation. Since the food crisis started, the numbers of hungry have increased by almost 200 million people to more than one billion. One in every six people on earth wake up each morning not knowing whether they will have enough to eat.
Montreal, CANADA -- The countries worst hit by the worldwide tuberculosis (TB) epidemic urgently need extra help if they are to meet ambitious global targets set for the year 2005.
Rome, February 2002, No. 1