Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- World Vision East Africa Region Situation Report | October 1 - October 31, 2018
February-April 2005 CCA Outlooks at 4 Months Lead
The outlook for Feb-Apr 2005 southern Africa rainfall at four months lead show a tilt in the odds favoring above normal rainfall across central South Africa, most of Namibia, the western half of Botswana, portions of southern Angola and, locally, over southwestern Zambia. There is a tilt in the odds favoring below normal rainfall locally over northern Mozambique. Climatology is expected elsewhere.
Gulf of Guinea
Crisis in Sudan pushes millions off the land. Elsewhere, drought and AIDS undercut agricultural production
WASHINGTON, DC - The U.S. Agency for International Development announced today the recipients of the first round of grants from USAID under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief. These grants make up a portion of the $350 million dollars in Emergency Plan funding that was announced by U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator Ambassador Randall L. Tobias on February 23, 2004.
FAO NEWS RELEASE 04/40e
Rome, 7 April 2004 -- While overall availability of food has improved in sub-Saharan Africa, millions of people in several countries still rely on food assistance to survive, FAO said today in its first Africa Report for 2004. The report is a regional and country-by-country breakdown of the crop prospects and food supply situation in sub-Saharan Africa issued three times each year.