Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
This Annual Report highlights the impact of the Joint UNDP-DPA Programme on Building National Capacities for Conflict Prevention. In 2017, the Joint Programme provided support to more than 60 countries, including through the deployment of Peace and Development Advisors. Peace and Development Advisors are at the forefront of the Programme’s efforts, they support the UN system to effectively adapt and respond to complex political situations and identify areas for preventive action.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
This Annual Report highlights the impact of the Joint UNDP-DPA Programme on Building National Capacities for Conflict Prevention. In 2016, the Joint Programme provided support to 45 countries, including through the deployment of Peace and Development Advisors.
Islamic Relief Worldwide has today published its annual report for 2014, which gives details of income and expenditure – and the positive impact achieved for millions of vulnerable people.
In 2014, our total global income reached £182 million – a growth of £62 million since 2012 – and voluntary income rose to a record high of 79 per cent of our total income. This year saw even more spending carried out directly through our field offices worldwide.
Balkans: On 13 May, cyclone Tamara hit the Balkans. Heavy rainfall resulted in extensive flooding in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Croatia; 1.6 million, 1.5 million, and 38,000 people have been affected, respectively. In total, 81,879 people have been evacuated. Relief efforts are being hampered by landslides, damaged infrastructure, blocked roads, and blackouts.
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
5th & 6th Meetings (AM & PM)
To effectively tackle terrorism, entrenched poverty and the threat of weapons proliferation, a more equitable multilateral system that valued diversity and fostered a "climate of dialogue" was urgently needed, world leaders attending the General Assembly's annual debate stressed today, as they pushed for a more democratic United Nations.
La donación española de 29 millones de euros a Gavi Alliance contribuirá a acelerar las iniciativas en materia de vacunación en 72 de los países más pobres del mundo.
Esta mañana se han reunido en la sede de la AECID la Secretaria de Estado de Cooperación Internacional, Soraya Rodríguez y la Directora de la AECID, Elena Madrazo con el Secretario Ejecutivo de GAVI, Dr.
This annual report describes bilateral development cooperation between Norway and 30 of the countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East that received the most assistance in 2007. Norwegian development assistance totalled NOK 21.8 billion in 2007. Of this amount, bilateral assistance (including multi-bilateral assistance) accounted for NOK 15.7 billion.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
Dix ans après que la communauté internationale se soit engagée à éliminer le fléau des mines antipersonnel, les Nations Unies peuvent se prévaloir de plusieurs réalisations collectives : les mines et les restes explosifs de guerre font de moins en moins de victimes; plusieurs aspects essentiels d'un cadre juridique international renforcé ont été mis en oeuvre; on a expressément reconnu l'importance de l'égalité des sexes et des droits des personnes handicapées dans l'ensemble du domaine de la lutte antimines; et les nombreux partenaires engagés dans la …
Researched, written and published by the Humanitarian Policy Group at ODI
CROP AND FOOD SUPPLY SITUATION
The Federal Foreign Office supported 307 projects for humanitarian aid, humanitarian mine clearance as well as disaster prevention all over the world in 2003 to the tune of EUR 71.5 million.