Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
Ten years of the Mine Ban Treaty: A Success Story
On 1 March 2009, the Mine Ban Treaty celebrated the tenth anniversary of its entry into force as international law. The treaty bans all Anti Personnel mines, requires that States destroy stockpiles within four years of becoming a party, requires clearance of Anti Personnel mines already in the ground within 10 years, and urges support to the victims of mines.
By Stuart Maslen, NPA
The treaty has proved a major success in stigmatising Anti Personnel mines.
This annual report describes bilateral development cooperation between Norway and 30 of the countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East that received the most assistance in 2007. Norwegian development assistance totalled NOK 21.8 billion in 2007. Of this amount, bilateral assistance (including multi-bilateral assistance) accounted for NOK 15.7 billion.
Other Texts Address Elimination of Sexual Exploitation on Peacekeeping Operations, UN Language Parity
Acting on the recommendations of its Fifth Committee (Administrative and Budgetary), the General Assembly this morning adopted a record-breaking $3.2 billion 2005-2006 peacekeeping budget for 14 ongoing missions and emphasized the need for budgetary discipline, improved management and adequate controls over budget implementation in the face of the current unprecedented surge in peacekeeping operations.
This report is Human Rights Watch's fifteenth annual review of human rights practices around the globe.
(Extracted from JRS Dispatches No. 130)
(Extracted from JRS Dispatches No. 119)
Graphs and charts never tell the human story in all of its richness. For convenience, AFSC divides its work into fixed thematic and geographic categories, but we remain mindful of an overarching goal. William Penn encouraged his readers "to try what Love will do." Our aim is to be love at work in the world.
CHURCH WORLD SERVICE
EMERGENCY RESPONSE OFFICE
Church World Service is the Relief and Development Agency of the 36 member denominations of the National Council of Churches of Christ in the U.S.A
36 Denominations & Communions Working Together to Meet Human Needs
EMERGENCY ACCOUNT (#6310)