Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
OFID Quarterly examines the wellbeing, safety of children across the world
Vienna, Austria, August 2, 2017. “I like schnitzels, but some food, I don't like,” says 14 year-old Shokria, who is originally from Afghanistan. “I miss some special food from Afghanistan.” Shokria left her home when her father was killed and has been in Vienna for nearly two years. Her story is just one of many perspectives on child refugees examined by the July edition of the OFID Quarterly magazine, which is circulating as of today.
Vienna, Austria, April 24, 2017. The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has signed loan agreements totaling US$111m with partner countries Bolivia, Ethiopia and Guinea on the sidelines of the World Bank Spring Meetings held April 21-23 in Washington, DC. The agreements were signed by OFID Director-General Suleiman J Al-Herbish and ministers from the beneficiary countries.
Vienna, Austria, March 14, 2017. Over 15 partner countries stand to benefit from the latest round of financing, totaling nearly US$190m, which was approved at the 158th Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID). The public sector loans, which total US$106m, will support the following projects/programs:
Vienna, Austria, March 11, 2015. Over 30 partner countries stand to benefit from the latest round of financing approved at the 150th Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID).
Public sector approvals amounting to US$201m will support the following projects:
Vienna, Austria, March 18, 2014. Meeting in its 146th Session, the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) has approved financing of nearly US$264 million to boost socio-economic development in over 30 partner countries. Of the new commitments, over US$193m will support 10 public sector loans and nine grants. The bulk of the public sector funding will co-finance agriculture, transportation, education, energy, health and water supply and sanitation projects.