Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
A gleaming white DC-10 sits on the tarmac at Al Bateen Executive Airport in Abu Dhabi. What sets it apart from any other aircraft is the fact that it is equipped with an operating theatre, a recovery room and all manner of surgical equipment.
This is the Flying Eye Hospital which has treated more than 15 million patients worldwide for a range of eye-related diseases.
Currently on its first trip to the UAE since 1982, the hospital is looking to build long-standing relationships with medical professionals.