Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: Investigate police conduct after deaths of five people protesting ethnic clashes
- Displaced Ethiopians, returnees need continued support
- 23 Killed in Ethnic Violence Near Addis Ababa
- Ethiopia tops global list of highest internal displacement in 2018
Summary of Review1
This recently published paper by the British Red Cross aims to answer the following questions:
- Can cash transfers improve access to food in the same way as direct food distribution?
- What effect does a cash distribution have on the local economy?
- Is cash assistance practically feasible?
Liz O'Donnell T.D., Minister of State at the Department of Foreign Affairs (with Special Responsibility for Overseas Development Assistance and Human Rights), has announced an unprecedented package of humanitarian and rehabilitation assistance to benefit 21 of the world's poorest and crisis-stricken countries.
This report includes: (A) World Hunger Map (B) West Africa Coastal: (1) Guinea, (2) Sierra Leone, (3) Liberia (C) Horn of Africa: (1) Kenya, (2) Eritrea (D)Angola (E) Great Lakes: (1) DR Congo, (2) Tanzania, (3) Burundi (F) Afghanistan (G)Asia Floods: (1) Laos, (2) Bangladesh (H)Russian Federation / Northern Caucasus