Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
Le Secrétaire général adjoint aux affaires humanitaires et Coordonnateur des secours d'urgence, M. John Holmes a indiqué aujourd'hui lors d'une conférence de presse tenue au Siège de l'ONU, à New York, que les récents désastres climatiques qui ont affecté les Caraïbes, l'Asie du Sud et l'Afrique de l'Ouest étaient survenus au pire moment, alors que les pays touchés sont confrontés de surcroît aux conséquences néfastes de la crise alimentaire mondiale.
S'agissant de la situation dans les Caraïbes, M.
The United Nations' emergency relief official today told a United Nations Headquarters press conference that the recent severe weather that had hit the Caribbean, South Asia and West Africa could not have come at a worse time, as many of the affected countries were already reeling from the effects of the global food crisis.
Briefing correspondents on the humanitarian situation in areas that have been affected by recent storms and floods, John Holmes, …